Ready for the Weekend
Its been a rough week around here with the construction next door waking us up way too early, our upstair neighbors clunking around incessantly, added tension from the chain added to my braces (only a few more months to go!) and a visit to a new specialist to finally get all my health woes under control… But more on that Monday. This weekend we will be clearing out closets and drawers for the move into our new place at the beginning of next month. I’m looking forward to being able to take a little coffee break too. Might just need to pop back into Barista for a latte and my lemon poppyseed quick bread fix.
I’ve really missed sharing inspiration every Friday like we did for our 52 weeks project, so I’ve decided to resume! Here are a few things that inspired me this week:
- I now appreciate the work of Ryan Muirhead in an entire new way after reading this thoughtful interview thanks to Ryan Trimble of This is Imperfect.
- Is there anything more heart melting than the love of a girl and her dog? Just look at this beautiful series by Rebecca Leimbach.
- We made West African Peanut Soup for dinner this week and it was incredible. We will definitely be making it again.
- Have you seen The Grand Budapest Hotel yet!? We went earlier in the week and were totally captivated by it: beautiful, heartbreaking and had us craving pastries. We wandered into St. Honoré Boulangerie since we heard they created a special pastry in honor of the film. They even had these boxes on display in the bakery. Cory and I asked if they were for sale but sadly all the employees had already staked their claim.
- I’m always on the hunt for talented individuals to follow on instagram. This week I’ve especially enjoyed the coffee and architecture found in @nana_ha‘s feed. Anyone you recommend following? I’d love to hear!