Summer has a connotation of rest, warm evening strolls with melted ice cream cones, picnics in the sunshine, travel: An overall pleasurable season. For me, summer is not that… not at all. For the past 4 years, summers have been very hard on me. There is something about the allergens and the heat that makes my Ulcerative Colitis take over: sour stomach, bleeding, swollen joints, migraines. I end up having to get into survival mode and just get by as best I can. I know some of you also battle UC and I’m curious, is this your experience too? What do you do to get back in control of your body? Or what do you do to at least not feel as depressed about it all?
I’ve been trying to take it extra easy this week (basically impossible with all the projects I’m working on currently) so I could feel rested and healthy for tonight. Cory and I are off to see the Book of Mormon. It will be the first time seeing it for both of us and to say we are excited would be a ridiculous understatement. Living where we do now, we even have the opportunity to walk along the waterfront to the theater. What are you up to this weekend?
- I didn’t think it was possible to love Cindy and her beautiful family any more than I already do… oh how I was wrong. You’ll want to follow Cindy, Seth and Emma on instagram too. Not to mention the awesomeness that is #planetolive.
- Since Cory and I dream of living in the UK eventually, I really enjoyed reading this.
- Mint pesto!!? Don’t mind if I do…
- There are a few movies I’m looking forward to watching including The Skeleton Twins, Boyhood. and The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby Trilogy.
- This week on Instagram, I can’t help but wish I was eating all the refreshing, vibrant, summery food in @yossyarefi‘s feed.