A Picnic Under the Eiffel Tower

A Picnic Under the Eiffel Tower

A Picnic Under the Eiffel Tower by Endlessly Enraptured

It was Cory’s first time in Paris and when it’s your first time in Paris you need to do a few touristy things… like visiting the Eiffel Tower. We were staying just a few blocks away from Galeries Lafayette and decided to stop in and select a few special items for a picnic. The selection was overwhelming: meats, cheeses, produce, breads and pastries. I ended up having the greatest pastry of my life that day: Sadaharu Aoki’s Tarte Caramel Salé. Next time you’re in Paris, get yourself one (or three). When the hotel staff heard of our picnic plans, they even provided us with flatware and two, shiny green apples. It was most definitely a picnic to remember…

+ Share Post
Pinterest Facebook Twitter Tumblr Stumbleupon Email

13Comments

• Heather / 22 July 2014 3:28

Sigh. Your photos make me want to float away. So dreamy.

You two look like you belong in Paris! Oui oui.

• endlesslyenraptured / 22 July 2014 8:24

Aw, thank you lovely! I can’t lie, I’ve definitely daydreamed about the parisian life. *Sigh* someday!

• Sher / 22 July 2014 8:00

ooh fancy picnic! I got the chance to try some Sadaharu Aoki desserts when I was in Paris and they are amazinggg! Paris is really such a special city. Hope he enjoyed the picnic!

Sher

• endlesslyenraptured / 22 July 2014 8:27

Aren’t they amazing!!!? I dream constantly about the day I’ll get to have them again. And he LOVED it! :D

• argone / 23 July 2014 12:31

Lovely picnic … so romantic too !

• Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today / 23 July 2014 2:17

Paris, I haven’t been there for far too long.

• Thalia @ butter and brioche / 23 July 2014 2:33

wow isnt paris just so beautiful, definitely brings back some great travel memories. love your photography, and those pastries look TOO delicious!

• endlesslyenraptured / 28 July 2014 8:32

There is no place on earth quite like Paris. I still dream of those pastries!

– Jade

• Melissa / 25 July 2014 7:42

I was in Paris a few months ago and we did the exact same thing – trying out some brie and baguettes while exploring the city. We only missed out on the striped shirts and berets! These pictures are beautiful!

• endlesslyenraptured / 28 July 2014 8:28

Aw, bravo!! It’s life simple pleasures that are the greatest. Thank you so much!

– Jade

• Umm Haneefah @ The Halal Gourmet / 23 August 2014 11:07

Lol. I have a picture of my daughter and husband on that same green bench you are sitting on. Like, literally the same bench. Your post makes me miss Paris (but not the air).